Twin is a development through trade NGO working with 33 producer organisations representing 300,000 coffee, cocoa and nut smallholders in 17 countries across Latin America, Africa and Asia. Our coffee company, Twin Trading, works to access value-added markets for our producer partners and offers quality coffee with development impact.
We unlock the power of trade to strengthen producer organisations and deliver social justice, economic development and environmental sustainability for smallholder farmers. We are engaged throughout the value chain to balance producer support with creating market demand, building partnerships that deliver sustainable, scalable and meaningful change.
Twin's Current Job Vacancies
- Senior Trader & Marketer / Profile and job description
For information regarding each one of the job vacancies you can also see below:
Senior Trader & Marketer, London
Main Purpose of the job
- To trade coffees from Producer Organisations’ (POs’) to Twin Trading’s (TT’s) customers
- To develop long term partnerships with POs and buyers
- To build PO’s capacity to operate in international markets
- To promote POs coffees in international coffee markets
- To ensure effective management of key aspects of TT’s business
- Identification with Twin’s mission, commitment to Twin’s values, and interest to work closely with coffee producer organisations (POs)
- Excellent Knowledge of high value coffee international coffee markets, especially for specialty and certified coffees
- Experience in managing international coffee value chains from PO to importers and roaster including contracts and logistics.
- Ability to analyse and manage trading risks.
- Ability to identify and develop market opportunities of interest to Twin and POs.
- Ability to develop excellent relationships across an international team, and with coffee producers and buyers
- Advanced coffee cupping experience, preferably to Q grader level
- Fluency in English essential; knowledge of French would be highly desirable as well as good knowledge of Spanish
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly overseas
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Set the strategy and vision and articulate plans for individual key customer accounts, Agree sales goals with Head of Trading and Marketing (HoTM) and deliver on these.
- Nurture relationships with POs and customers.
- Trade coffee: Negotiate with POs, prepare costings, make offers to customers and confirm business
- Manage and Execute contract Price Risk Management
- Oversee contract follow-up with Logistics, Finance and Cupping Room personnel
Marketing and Projects
- Provide POs with information on global market profiles and developments
- Where applicable advise and collaborate on development and execution of POs’ own marketing strategies.
- Advise POs on Price Risk Management and assist to develop PRM strategies
- Collect and disseminate marketing information
- Accompany, represent and promote POs, both remotely and in person: trade fairs, visits to buyers, buyer visits to POs
- Collaborate with Twin Programmes team to streamline project and trading goals.
- Contribute to the development of Twin’s Trading and Marketing Strategy
- Train and mentor Trading and Marketing Managers in order to build their skills and experience.
Salary: Between £38,306 and £47,378 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 35 hours/week
Location: London, Twin office
Send your most recent CV and an expression of interest specifying why you are suitable for the role (Cover letter) to email@example.com. Please indicate the job title in the email subject. Interviews will begin in the week of 30th January.
To download the complete role package please click here.
Other pro bono work
We welcome support from experts or professionals looking to share or develop their experience in fair trade and development.
We would also welcome help from communications and marketing professionals in developing our organisation’s profile and those of our members.
If you would like to donate your time and expertise to Twin pro bono please get in touch.